HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011! Please edit the following material to suit your background and experience. Not to exceed one half-page (1st) of your Resume. Thank you.
LEADERSHIP AND ENGINEERING EXPERTISE SUMMARY
A dynamic, driven Engineering Manager/Consulting Engineer with extensive management experience and proven expertise in composites, materials, processes, and mechanics for aerospace and defense systems. Effective in managing people, projects, intellectual properties, budgets and finances. Adept at developing people and harnessing efficiency and cost-effectiveness to gain a competitive advantage. Delivered results to sponsors and stakeholders for over 50 programs/projects on time and within budget. Completed Leadership Program at Northrop Grumman Corporation and an Executive Management Program at Penn State University. Skilled in effective communication at multiple levels of the organization, delegating tasks, mentoring and motivating. A hands-on, energized self-starter and team player, and an effective problem solver providing rapid response and data-based specific recommendations on complex problems as a recognized subject matter expert (SME) in aerostructures advanced composite materials manufacturing and bonding process technologies. Responsive, results-oriented and agile.
· Key role in commercially focusing $200+ million in cutting-edge R&D initiatives. Single-handedly led over $43M in projects ranging from $20K to $12M each. Delivered results on time and within budget. A proven leader in proposal efforts. Involved in long-term planning, and contributed to the overall corporate business strategy. Strong oral and written communication skills. Skilled in MS Office Suite including Microsoft Project.
- Over 15 years experience in Aerospace Systems as a Materials and Process Engineer – advance technology development, material evaluation, and selection and process improvements in support of manufacturing; satellites, satellite components and subsystems, missile defense strategic missile propulsion, technical services, space satellite materials and process, and Satellite Space structures.
· Recognized subject matter expert (SME) in materials, plastics, composites, processes, and mechanics for aerospace, defense, and marine systems. Examples: aerostructures composite fabrication, laboratory and manufacturing, materials and processes development, epoxy and BMI-based fiber-reinforced materials and related honeycomb structures, adhesives and related processes, plastics, metals, ceramics; nonlinear-FEA, fatigue, fracture mechanics; systems failure root cause analysis, corrosion, wear, coatings; joining, machining; microelectronics, radars, sensors, systems qualification testing; energy storage systems (batteries, capacitors); and nanotechnology.
- Over 20 years of effective experience in determining and developing material engineering properties correctly and efficiently, and in proposing viable engineering solutions through either developing new processes and product technologies, or refining existing methods to improve the performance of existing products.
- Proficient in Systems Engineering methodologies including: (a) reviewing requirements to determine the appropriate materials needed to achieve successful completion of initiatives, (b) identifying risk and performing risk management, and (c) planning, evaluating and recommending technical and economic factors involved in the most cost-effective utilization of materials and processes.
- Over 10 years of experience in reviewing and approving subcontractor and customer material processing procedures; and initiating engineering specifications for materials and manufacturing processes.
- Industrial experience in developing and authoring standard materials and processes procedures. Skilled in problem solving in conjunction with reviewing manufacturing work instructions and attending program peer reviews
· Experienced corporate technical representative Proven ability to effectively communicate with the customer or program manager to assure a quality product is delivered.
· Passionate professional with a proven record of performance in:
(a) Managing the program/project,
(b) Providing interim reports to customer,
(c) Modifying plan as required,
(d) Requiring considerable judgment to work independently,
(e) Leading a team to solve complex problems,
(f) Devising new or modifying and adapting existing methods, techniques and procedures to meet new or unusual requirements and to make related decisions guided by precedent and within the limits of established policies, and
(g) Performing as the Lead Engineer with responsibility for contributing to and leading a Team of Materials and Process Engineers for specific programs- from new designs and sustaining engineering of products in service.
· Effective leader with positive attitude who thrives in a highly dynamic national security and aerospace environment drawing upon outstanding communication, organizational, and relationship-building skills. Excellent delegator/motivator for getting tasks completed on schedule. Provided leadership and technical directions to engineering teams for specific programs / projects.
· Avid technology champion and world renowned scholar. Invited to author/present 200+ research papers, proposals, and studies emphasizing emerging materials technologies. Patent in materials nanotechnology.
· Completed PMP (Project Management Professional) certification requirements; examination forthcoming.
Ram Bhagat, Ph.D.
(U.S. citizen with “Secret” security clearance)
Fellow, ASM International
Aerospace & Defense – SOLVING PROBLEMS.DEVELOPING PEOPLE
Welcome to Connect (no IDK):http://www.linkedin.com/inviteFromProfile?from=profile&key=28230808&firstName=Ram&lastName=Bhagat
Visit my blogs at rambbhagat.com